Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Proposed Umeme 1 High Voltage Substation

For a long time I have always wanted to Design, Construct and Commission my own substation so that I can understand to the detail what exactly works in there. Its very rare that a power company or distributor will just allow anyone to access a substation so I came up with the idea of Umeme 1.

Umeme 1 is a virtual substation that will exist only in CAD drawings and here on my blog. I will follow strictly all laid down regulations that guide power engineers to come up with a working substation. On th good side, I will promptly upload the documents like the ESIA, EIA and even testing documents for earthing and grounding.

This project will take up to 2 years or so depending on my research speed after which I plan to compact all documents to publish my findings. The substation will be called UMEME which is a swahili word for electricity and will be located along the Nairobi - Naivasha highway. Feel free to comment and correct me in case you stumble on an error or miscalculation for sag etc.

So there it is, the start of a long project. In this course I hope I will inspire another Power Engineer somewhere to do something out of the ordinary that will change the way to transmit electricity.

Image Credits: http://www.pike.com

7 comments:

  1. I know that 3 phase converters produce more current and make the usage more efficient. When these are used it makes the over all current run more smoothly. Well at least that is what I have been told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article anyway did you know any affordable wires and cables in the philippines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all time fond of reading the blog, when I reached to this blog I wondered to read such informative article, it inspired me a lot thanks. http://www.dealerselectric.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the word UMEME for electricity. It is quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A circuit tester has four ranges of center in development. Beside the previously mentioned gear, he or she can work with business structures, private lodging, modern wiring and lighting for the city too. As a temporary worker they are with the structures format from outline to establishment, yet a hoisted level of mastery is required to explore and understand issues with availability and legitimate capacity along the wiring for any building or component. They work with the protected control of high voltages regular so that occupants, employees Psychology Articles, and administrators can appreciate the products of their risky work. Visit http://electricianlimerick.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot thank Mr Benjamin service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : .  247officedept@gmail.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete